Instructions after extraction
1. Place cold towels on your face for the first 6-8 hours. Leave it on 15 minutes and then off 15 minutes.
2. Do not rinse until the following day.
3. Keep fingers and tongue away from socket. Do not spit or suck through a straw.
4. On the next day, rinse mouth with warm salt water (1 teaspoon of salt to 1 cup of warm water). Repeat several times daily especially after eating.
What to expect after extraction
1. Bleeding - It is normal for the saliva to be slightly streaked with blood for the next 1-2 days. If abnormal bleeding occurs, place a piece of wet tea bag over the extraction site and bite down for 30-45 minutes.
2. Following dental surgery it is normal to experience some discomfort. For most people, 600mg of Advil or Motrin every 6 hours is sufficient for pain management.
3. Diet - a liquid or soft diet is advised during the first 24-48 hours. Be sure to drink plenty of liquids.
4. Please call our office at 863-293-0023 if undue symptoms occur.